Once we realize that Yeshua came to expose and save us from the hidden power of skewed desire and its cultural manifestations we are still not out of the dark woods of our fragmented psyche! The resulting temptation to resist the ‘evil empire’ of desire and its human agencies only draws us back into its quicksand like deadly pull.
Contrary to much religious thought the Queendom* of God is not a counter or contra-cultural reality. For as soon as we set ourselves against the scapegoating system we become its mirror image, thus remaining a player in its incestuous game. Rather the New World that we’ve glimpsed and been reconnected to is a contrast culture, one without the foundation stone of rivalling violence.
Religion and politics don’t help us with our new predicament for they are the cultural playing fields on which the desire matrix does its thing. Opposing the other, even in the name of equity and justice, is still playing the scapegoating game. And let’s face it; is there any evidence out there that a political or religious movement has played its trump card by manifesting the utopian Queendom, the Divine realm that Yeshua came to inaugurate?
I believe not.
For such is the insidiousness of our network of Adversarial relationships that the heralds of Yeshua’s New World quickly morph into the monstrous doubles of the pervasive and controlling power mechanism.
So where does this leave us? Is our attempt to live in the Queendom of God a futile exercise. The answer is, I believe, a yes and no. Let me explain.
The realm of desire freedom that accompanies the Divine lies outside our conceptual space-time world. Like the Divine from which it emanates, it just is. The world in which we find ourselves each waking morning is just another dream, one without eternal essence, a virtual reality in which we live and move and appear to have our being.
As we experience this existential road trip called life, something of the Other breaks in from time to time. The psychic frequency on we usually operates is sometimes hijacked by the Divine broadcaster. Spirit, the essence of Divine Love breaks through our dream-like state to plant droplets of Reality into our conscious mind.
In other words, the Queendom of God is a gifted alternate Reality; one that allows us to live within the Desire Matrix of life without playing by its scapegoating rules. We now have the potential to tune into a Divine program that enables us to live free the control of desire. Yet the dial on our desire receiver is being constantly adjusted by our fragmented psyche/soul as we encounter multifarious desire fields on our spiritual Journey.
So how can we, the rewired children of God, consistently enjoy the freedom that Yeshua came to deliver? Here are a few simple tips that I hope to expand upon future posts:
1) Finding time for Regular Prayer or Meditation – the process of consciously being in the Presence or mimetic desire field of Divine Love. A communion that surpasses words and concepts.
2) Following the Way – in other words coming into contact with and responding to the gentle, imitative magnetism of the Spirit or Breath Energy of Yeshua.
3) Healing – the ditching of psychological desire attachments and their accompanying addictions in order to enjoy the freedom of living outside the pressure cooker of skewed desire, the very freedom of Yeshua himself.
4)Exposure to the weak and broken – in these dear souls, the scapegoats of our go-getting society we will encounter the Presence of Divine Love. The Queendom of God lies close to the broken and rejected within our lemming-like community.
5) Worship – a reaching out in awe and wonder to the Source from which we emerged.
6)Community – contact with others on the Way, those open to the regular approaches of Divine Love.
* Finally apologies to those for whom the word ‘Kingdom’ denotes the realm of Divine Love. For the sake of simplicity, I have decided to use the term ‘Queendom’ both here and in future posts, as the ancient Hebrew, and Aramaic nouns for this Reality are feminine in gender. No goddess worship is inferred in my thoughts, but rather a focus on accurate semantics and a rediscovery of the nurturing nature of Divine Love.